Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sprinkles Cupcakes

We drove to Sprinkles Cupcakes in Newport Beach during a break in one of Lauren's basketball tournaments. I quickly shot these (it was crowded and cramped in a small area. Also, people give you a funny look when you photograph your food).

I heard the buzz about these uber-decadent cupcakes that originated in Beverly Hills. The Sprinkles trademark is their modern dot (or Belgian chocolate sprinkles, or sugar decorations), indicating the flavor of the cupcake.

This is the sign outside the entrance

Tangy Key Lime

Chai Latte

The sign on the glass window showcasing the cupcakes

Dark Belgian chocolate sprinkles

Strawberry

Marshmallow

Rows and rows of cupcake mixes

This wall is behind the counter -- printed with their cupcake flavors.

This one (or that one?)

I wanted ONE cupcake, but couldn't decide.
Kirk had to decide for me.

What a pretty label

My treat was wrapped inside this glassine bakery bag

Ta da! The selection is ... Key Lime.

Goodbye, Sprinkles Cupcakes.

Ahem. My soon-to-be-married niece promised Auntie Nems and me that we'd get cupcakes from the reportedly-better original Beverly Hills location. Mel?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this place. Another cute shop. I love their sign on the glass window and the picture of the outside of the shop is so cute. And I know the looks you get when you take pictures of food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comments! -Teresa